Even though I love it here (both good and bad experiences), there are a few things I miss about home. And a few things I don't like about this city! (sorry to copy you Tas)
1. Of course, my family, my friends, and my boyfriend
2. Bojangles. And any breakfast food like pancakes, cereal, etc.
3. Gender equality. Yes, there's even a woman president here, but there are subtle ways in which men treat women like inferiors. And I can't go some places/walk home at night alone.
4. Riding a bike
5. Fixed prices. I'm waiting to buy a few souvenirs until I can speak better Spanish, so I can get my haggle on!
6. Unnoticeable sewage smells. Enough said.
7. Late-nite transportation/food
8. Not feeling like an outsider.
9. Politeness. Ok, like I said, people are friendly. But not necessarily super tactful. Maybe that's just honesty, and I'll get used to it. For example, I asked this girl for directions the other night in Spanish, and she rolled her eyes and said "I bet you my English is better than your Spanish." I mean, I would never say that to someone attempting to speak English! So I said something...er, unkind back in rapid English, and she made no comment, so I guess she didn't understand. Take that, bitch!
10. Parliament Lights.